Individual Rosa paintings selling at eBay

Thorsten Bremer lists-read at thoddi.de
Wed Oct 8 22:10:26 CEST 2003

Hello Don,

> I'll just be signing and doing free head drawings. I stopped doing the
> lavish full-color drawings that I used to do for folks at American comic
> shows for $30-$40 each... when I started with eBay I saw that some of them
> were being immediately put on there and fetching the phony fans who bought
> them $400-$700 each! I can't let people use me like that! Even now, I must
> insist on putting dedications on the free drawings... several of the
> freebies I did at the Gemstone booth in San Diego were on eBay within days
> fetching $60 apiece. Wotta country.

(Attention, only humor and satire following... :->)

Well, but that crazy behaviour of "fans" sounds to be a chance for all
the fanzines you draw covers for. Just for getting money in the "bin"...

Possible text of an eBay-auction:

----------
Full coloured print from Don Rosa, FANTASTIC! Limited edition, only
600 prints were made and there will be NO REPINT in the future. Printed
SIGNATURE by the Author included!!!

The condition of this fantastic signed and limited print is mint, it
was never framed! No damaging, perfectly clear.

The included fanzine this print was made for will be delivered, too!
It's also in mint condition, never read!

Only humour? Yes and no. From time to time people try this at eBay:
Selling an issue of our "Der Donaldist" and say in big letters that it
have an Barks-Cover... But fortunately I've never seen an auction
where such a "fan" will get more than 4-5 Euro.

--
Bis denne,
            Thoddi