Cameo appearance by Donald's old customer

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 13 10:09:54 CEST 2003

Three days ago I bought my copy of Gemstone's DD & Friends #308.
In my area it indeed arrived about 3 weeks later than MM & Friends.
The story DD "Hole in One" has a cameo appearance in panels
1 & 2, page 4, of the reclusive loner Donald persuaded to buy
an eggbeater in "Salesman Donald" WDC&S #39, Dec. 1943.
It seems he's moved to a cave on Demontooth Mtn. to avoid the
high-pressure door-to-door salesmen in Duckburg suburbs.  Does
anyone know if he's been used in any other stories in the past 60
years?  I checked to make sure he was the customer from this
story, and not the similar, but even hairier, hermit who was HDL's
steam caliope customer in "Totem Poles".