"I'll be back"

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sat Oct 18 18:59:25 CEST 2003

No, this is not a question about the governor of California, it's a question
about the backs of Disney comics.

Norwegian Donald Pocket (and their Swedish and Danish siblings, I assume) has
for a while had an illustration covering the BACKS of the books, meaning that
if you collect them all and put them in the shelf, they will together make a
picture. (just like with many mangas, or Iron Maiden's 1998 remasters of old
albums)

Normally (in Norway) this has been short illustrations over 8-10 books, but
after Donald Pocket 231 there has been ONE picture starting at DP231 and
continuing until somewhere in the future (and we're at 275 now).

Well, I don't need to explain any further I guess, as only Scandinavians will
be able to answer me anyway, but my question is: Does anyone know who's drawn
this marvellous back-illustration?

I have never seen any story code connected to it, but part of the illustration
(the backs of the first ten books) are identical with the cover DC JB 231, so I
assume the artist is the same for DC JB 231 and these backs.

Does anyone have knowledge on this? If it's in COA, I haven't managed to find
it.