Goofy's Background

L. Schulte lschulte at sfstoledo.org
Tue Oct 21 14:05:12 CEST 2003

Concerning the discussion on Goofy's background: my memory dredged up
something recently after reading some of the posts.  I recall a comic book
here in the U.S. giving the "whole story" of Goofy's rise to
stardom.  Sorry, I cannot recall what kind of comic book the story appeared
in: it might be from the late 1950's or early 1960's.  I remember
specifically however that Goofy's "real name" was Dippy Dawg ("dawg" being
the phonetic spelling of the American pronunciation of "dog") and that in
the story he was given "Goofy" as his stage name.

Perhaps one of the avid collector's out there knows of this story.