DCML Digest, Vol 8, Issue 55 (Al Hubbard)

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 00:48:49 CET 2003

Steven Rowe ran down Al Hubbard's career thusly:

from what i recall: Hubbard worked for Disney, worked for Lockheed (I think),
> got hired on by Jim Davis to work for Sangor - (Sangor packaged comics for
> DC, Standard-Pines, and ACG), when that ended, he eventually worked for Western
> (packagers of Dell) then for the Disney overseas comics program

Actually, Hubbard continued to appear in American Disney comics after he had joined the overseas program.  I was plowing thru a stack of 1970s WDC&S (purchased at a con) last night and noted a new Hubbard-drawn SCAMP story that appeared in an issue published in 1972.

Chris Barat