Help needed on The Golden Helmet

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed Oct 29 01:56:45 CET 2003

I assume you all know me good enough now to know that whenever I start writing
a new story, I need help and lots of it. This time, I'm writing a story where I
want to make a few references to the Barks classic "The Golden Helmet" (OS
408). Problem is, I only have access to the Norwegian edition of this story -
and Norwegian is not the language I'm writing stories in.

So, can anyone who has a copy of this story in American, please help me out on
this? (This is a kind of reversed quote quiz, I guess... I have the story, and
want the quotes. How 'bout that, Daniel?)

Question one: On page five, last frame, Azure Blue says (in the Norwegian
edition): "The helmet! The ship! The map! All the things I read of in the old
book I found in Oslo! Now it's getting started!" My question: Is the town he
mentions "Oslo" in the original version as well, or is that something the
translator put in to replace a well-known-to-Americans-but-not-that-known-to-
Norwegians-city? (the translator is Helene Kløvstad, whom in 1950 translated a
Sunday page into saying that Mickey's ADDRESS was in Oslo, so I have to ask.)
Uhm, actually this isn't VERY important, but I would love to know it anyway.

Question two: Lawyor Sharky comes with lots of Juridical quotes during the
story. I'm wondering what these were in the original language. I COULD be
wrong, naturally, but "flikkus, flakkus, fumdidlidum" doesn't sound like
something Carl Barks would have written, more like a translation.

The quotes are: On page seven: "Flikkus, flakkus, fumdidlidum! Meaning: How can
you prove he's not?" (also repeated on page twenty-five) On page
seven: "Hokkus, pokkus, jokkus. Meaning: The one who owns soil, owns
everything!" Page fourteen: "Jokus, krokus, spokus. Meaning: When the master
speaks, the servant remains silent." Page twenty-three: "Oktus, soktus,
bomfiffikus. Meaning: That's the way it will be!" Page twenty-three: "Klunkus,
blunkus, skunkus. This is the law!"

Answers will be recieved with great gratitude. (No need to rush, though - I'm
still on the synopsis and won't really need this information before I get to
the script itself.)

If anyone wonders why I'm asking these questions... Well, it is too early to
say if it ever will see print, as I'm only working on the synopsis so far, but
if it does, Azure Blue and Lawyor Sharky are the main villains of the story!

Best,
Olaf the Blue