About Pigs and Terries and Fermies

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 1 12:17:49 CEST 2003

(Sorry, I should have included it in my answer to Sigvald)

Daniël:
>>> Barks's answer seems to be surprisingly simple. In a 1980s idea sketch
>>> "Which Disney Themepark Is This?" (one out of three), the underground
>>> pillars and structures *also* are coloured. In a glowing green,
>>> lightbrown, and purple.

The bright colors sure look a lot nicer in the comics and the paintings. The
Terry-Fermies may very well blend in the background if  teh dunerground
stones are brightly colored too.
But when the ducks first see them, it's on the surface, and they don't
notice them.

I guess a simple and realistic answer is that they look a dull stone color
in the sun, and phosporescent in the dark.
Hm, imagine that in a movie: a dark cave, with phosphorescent stones
everywhere; there's just enough light for you to see; and those strange
tie-wearing creatures appear, their dark & phosphorescent shapes dimly
visible. Could be pretty creepy.

Olivier