Lost samples

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Tue Sep 9 01:38:22 CEST 2003

TIMO:
> No they don't. I agree. There's very little manga in these.
> But they were presented as manga for Japanese audience. I wonder how
> they were selling in Japan..

I have to agree too. I don't get much of a manga-feeling while reading
these. Still I presume the layouts were planned a Japanese person. Inducks
shows that the writer of the story is Kawade, which sounds Japanese enough
for me (although not long ago we learned that one's name doesn't reveal
one's nationality). Since Barks had already written the story, the only
job I can think for Kawade to do is the new layouts. Definately this isn't
a traditional Disney layout. Still it makes me wonder why Egmont didn't
order the art from Japan too as the artist is a "normal" Egmont-artist
Miguel. Then it might have looked a bit more like manga.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http://www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"AAUGH! It's a half-hour later than it was half an
hour ago! Run! Run!" -Calvin