Taliaferro

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Sep 11 10:02:30 CEST 2003

Lis:

> > Taliaferro fans: Look out for #38 of the scandinavian weekly.
> > You'll find a *really rare* Taliaferro gem in that issue.
>
> I read this story [I/CGW X 1-01] yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I'd
> like to know the history behind this story. Why this is "really rare"? Is
> this the first publication in Europe?
>
> BTW, What is the INDUCKS story-code for this story?

The Inducks code is W CGW X 1-01 (I made up that code myself 8-). If the printed code is I/CGW X 1-01, then that's clearly taken from Inducks, but with a typo.

The story was published in Italy (1987 and 2003) and Germany (2002). It's "really rare" in the sense that it's made for a giveaway comic. It has never been reprinted in the USA. The 2003 reprint in Italy and the German reprint are in comics that like to publish rare stories (ZIO PAPERONE and DD SONDERHEFT).

Another rare thing is that Taliaferro made very few stories for the comic books directly.

--Harry.