Commercial Links

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Thu Sep 11 20:04:57 CEST 2003

Often there are Disney items published in one country which may be
interesting to list members in other countries. Even if a book is
written in a language I do not understand I may consider buying the
item. It may be:

 + the world's first edition of a story - like the Barks/Lustig/Block
"Somewhere in Nowhere" in Italian "Tesori Tre"
 + a picture book with just a short introduction - like the German art
book "Wer ist Carl Barks" by Gottfried Helnwein
 + a book published in English - like the complete Gottfredson reprint
published in Germany, which we recently discussed on this list
 + a merchandising article - like the great Disney figures produced by
Rutten
 + a publication which combines a lot of information - like the German
Floyd Gottfredson Checklist in "Hommage an Floyd Gottfredson"

Or someone sees a special sale of Disney items somewhere, or a very rare
item on ebay. Or something which is not Disney but might be interesting
to other list members - like a looney tunes item.

Of course mentioning something like this on the list will make people
want to know where to order the items. But the list is non-commercial
(which is a very good thing) so in most cases posting links to
commercial sites is not suitable.

So I would like to make the following suggestion: If someone has
discovered a nice item and wants to inform the others about it, he or he
can post the info together with a link to an online shop which delivers
internationally tp

   www.dcml-talk.org

Like I just posted links to the items mentioned above to:

  http://www.dcml-talk.org/read.php?f=1&i=179&t=179

Cord