Original secondary character's names in I TL 1308-B???

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Fri Sep 12 18:45:00 CEST 2003

timo ronkainen wrote:

>>> Perhaps Giorgio Pezzin wrote this story to present his
>>> feelings about working for Disney?  :-)
>>
>> I've searched Inducks and couldn't find any pre-1986 comics written
>> by Pezzin for Disney. Did he do some other work for them?
>
> How odd. Here it is: http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/simp.php
>
> December 21, 1980 I TL 1308-B Uncle Scrooge: Zio Paperone e il fumetto
> perfetto (32 p.) 3-tier
> Plot & story: Giorgio Pezzin Art & ink: Sandro Zemolin

OK, now I understand. You've probably made the classic mistake (which I
have made myself a few times): Confusing Disney with the licensee.

When Pezzin wrote "Fumetto perfetto" he was working for Mondadori, at
the time the Italian producer of Disney comics. According to Inducks,
he, at the time, hadn't written any comics for the Disney company per
se. Which means that "Fumetto perfetto", if it *is* a satire on his
then-current working conditions, is probably aimed at Mondadori, rather
than Disney.

Lars