DCML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 29 (Duckworth & Bean Works)

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 00:55:11 CEST 2003

JOE TORICIVIA wrote:

> I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but Duckworth did appear in
> William Van Horn's "Snore Losers", from Disney Comics' DONALD DUCK
>ADVENTURES #5
> (OCTOBER, 1990).  I'd imagine this was his only appearance outside of actual
> DUCKTALES comics.

Duckworth also appeared at least once in the DONALD DUCK newspaper strip.  In
the Sunday strip of April 5, 1992, he appears in two panels.  There is no
question as to his i.d., as Donald addresses him by name.

HARRY FLUKS wondered:

> In the Van Horn story in Gemstone's UNCLE SCROOGE #320, there's a van
driving by
> with the text "Barat's Bean Works".
>
> Is this a coincidence, or is there a connection between William Van Horn and
> (letter writer, indexer, and DCML member) Chris Barat?

Yes.  I have exchanged letters with WVH and he was kind enough to put my name
in TWO stories.  The first time, however, it was "Barat's Hats."  At the time,
he didn't know that my last name rhymes with "rot," rather than "hat."

Chris Barat