"Skunk Oil Factory", not "Margarine Factory"

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 14 08:42:38 CEST 2003

I got the new Gemstone US321, which has a DD story, "Willing Little Helpers".
The dialogue is credited to Gary Leach, so I suppose than means he
did the final translating into Americanese.  I noticed on page 2, panel 3 that
Donald says he worked all day at the margarine factory.  Gary Leach should
know that Duckburg, Calisota, USA has no margarine factory; instead Donald
often works at the "skunk oil factory", as originated by Barks long ago.
     Maybe some wonder what use is skunk oil?  I think Scrooge could use
some in spray cans, like mace, to use in his money bin defence system.