The origin of Uncle Scrooge

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Fri Sep 19 13:38:29 CEST 2003

	DANIËL:
	"I've always thought that the looks of [THE SPIRIT OF '43's]
Scrooge-like character would have prevented Barks from getting a copyright
on Scrooge."

	You seem to be suggesting that Carl Barks would have liked ownership
of Scrooge for himself. Have you ever read anything about his actual
opinions on the subject?
	(Actually, as Barks created Scrooge for a comic story that was
Disney property, it's difficult for me to see how he could have claimed
ownership of the character under any circumstances, even if he had wanted
to...)

	David