August 2003 US Comics Sales

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 22:06:05 CEST 2003

The sales for August have come in. Not sure what to make of them. While they
don't  make up all sales or reorders, there does seem a perceptible decline in
sales each month.

195. Uncle Scrooge #321  6,488

203. Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #636  5,929

The big disappointment IMO is DDA #1. Unless I've missed it, it doesn't show
up in the Top 300 at all. And this month, you only needed to sell 897 copies
to get into the Top 300. Maybe Gary Leach could give us an idea of how well DDA
is selling. At any rate, I suppose the 'real' test will be when DD&Friends
and MM&Friends come out. At $2.95, price at least, won't be a deterrent to most
people.

<A HREF="http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/3489.html">http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/3489.html</A>

Derek Smith