Arie's Barks quiz

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 25 10:56:43 CEST 2003

Arie asked which Barks story this quote is from:
	"Ho Maid Moonshine.  Wherefore arts thou artst?"
It's from "Knightly Rivals", the first of Barks 2 storys of
Donald and Gladstone competing for the starring role
is a play Daisy's club is producing.  WDC&S 128 (May 1951),
page 3 panel 5.  In my Gladstone reprint, Donald's
line is "Ho Maid Moonshine!  Wherefore artst you at?"
I would think the Gladstone reprint has Barks'
original English, and Arie's version differs because
it's from a back-translation?
Barks' second story is from WDC&S 217 (Oct. 1958).