Evility (if that's even a word)

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Fri Sep 26 22:58:19 CEST 2003

Great e-mailaddress, Matthew! May I support Rich's request that you send your
messages in plain text? (Hey, don't worry - everybody does errors in the
beginning, and this is a tiny, tiny one.) Well, anyhow I actually managed to
read it this time, so why not answer.

Now, to the good, the bad and the evil. It may be a little black and white, but
I've always thought of Glomgold as evil... His first story may not be a very
good example of that, as Scrooge does after him practically everything he does,
but in the second story (I assume that was "The Money Champ"?) I never had any
doubt this was a bad, bad villain. As we saw: Scrooge ran honest competition,
Glomgold used dirty tricks. Does this make him "evil"? Well, in the black-and-
white world, it certainly does. At the same time, naturally, nobody is 100%
good and nobody is 100% evil. But in the Safari story, I had no doubt. In that
story, Scrooge was shown as the honest businessman trying to get from point A
to point B - Glomgold throws bombs at him. I had no doubt. Scrooge was good,
Glomgold was evil.

Naturally, I'm what both Barks and Matthew would call a foreigner, so I may
have a twisted view on the word "evil". What is evility? Again, if that's even
a word?

If being evil is what I think it is, Glomgold is evil.

Olaf the Blue