Lo$ / The Looney Lunar Gold Rush / The Dream Of A Lifetime

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Apr 4 21:59:49 CEST 2004

In my previous contribution, I asked Don Rosa if he has thought of
Barks's 'The Looney Lunar Gold Rush' (US 49), where dull banker
Scrooge's life, as told to the Junior Woodchucks, turns out to be
full of lies.

After sending, I remembered Rosa's 'The Dream Of A Lifetime'
(D 2002-033), in which the 'Life of $crooge' is shown as big dream
that Scrooge has, every night again. Scrooge even knows what scenes
and situations he can expect, as we can see when Donald suddenly
intrudes parts of his dream.

In that light, Rosa's 'Life of $crooge' could be just a big dream that
dull banker Scrooge had, somewhere in the mid-1950s. A dream of what
he *also* could have done during his life as banker and money lender.
A dream he decides to tell to the nephews, from time to to time, to
ventilate some of his frustration.

What do you think of this bridge between 'The Looney Lunar Gold Rush'
and 'The Dream Of A Lifetime'? :-)

--- Daniël

"Now EVERYBODY'S mad at me! What'll I do? What'll I do?"
(Which Barks story?)