Barks universes / secret Barks letters to Rosa

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Tue Apr 6 12:01:57 CEST 2004

Daniel van Eijmeren wrote:

>This year, a friend of Barks has personally told me that he can't
>remember the amount of occasions, where Barks complained about
>people who were trying to hook his stories together.

Maybe Barks just meant that since he didn't meant them that way in the
first place, he didn't see much point in it. I doubt he thought it was a
huge crime against his work. He didn't seem to feels as strongly about
ducks as many of his fans (probably most of us in this ML) do. He was a
gag-man, not a writer of story-arcs.

>I hope Don Rosa will reveal more of Barks's letters, one day. There
>was nothing really private in these letters, as far as I know. So,
>I hope they won't rot away in a cupboard. Or end up demolished as
>some kind of last will, or something. We Barks fans are at Rosa's
>mercy here...

Well, they are PRIVATE letters. Not something either Barks nor Rosa
meant to viewed by general public. Who would want to show their private
correspodence to the whole world. Of course many people like to be
Peeping Tom's for the sake of science/history/ whatever, but none of us
has any right to demand them to be shown to us. I'm sure all the
relevant parts of those letters have been show to us already. There
won't be any dark secrets or revolutionary revelations to be found about
Barks in them.