DCML Digest Issue 18

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Apr 6 19:29:35 CEST 2004

> From: <danshane at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: Re: Making it "personal"...
> From: Shane, Daniel L [mailto:dshane at ius.edu]
> ...beyond what Don has already willingly allowed to be
> published?

Just to clarify a point:
At the request of a noted Barks scholar, I once supplied copies of sections
of several letters from Barks to myself for his personal edification on very
specific points. I was later surprised to see these letter portions
reproduced in a Gladstone album in an article.
I would *never* make private, personal correspondence between myself and
someone else, or vice-versa, public. The whole idea should be abhorrent to
everyone. Common sense (and common decency) dictate that these matters are
obviously nobody's business except the private correspondents.