DCML Digest Issue 27

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sun Aug 22 02:53:30 CEST 2004

> Herge's Tintin has been redrawn and re-redrawn by a team of artists with
> Herge just supervising. So in fact Tintin *is* a team effort. And Li'l
> Abner has been ghosted by other artists

Minor assists under an auteur late in the run. But let's say that both
TinTin and Abner were completely team efforts -- all this would mean is
simply that there are examples that I should have left OFF my list. This
doesn't change what I believe about cosmic sparkles one iota.

> + So Neal Adams "Skateman" has the special sparkle Adams' and O'Neill's
> "Green Lantern/Green Arrow" does not?

I am convinced of it, yes!

> + Jack Kirby's "Captain Victory" has that special sparkle Kirby's and
> Lee's "Fantastic Four" do not?

Yes (and you don't know how much I dislike "Capt. Victory"!). (This also
assumes that Kirby didn't really do most of the writing on the early FF or
that Ditko didn't do the same on Spider-man, but never mind.)