Gemstone Again

Anthvvuono@aol.com Anthvvuono at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 23:47:55 CEST 2004

To list:
       If my recent post implied that everyone must subscribe to the prestige
format comic books in order to keep the company afloat, then I am sorry for
my comments. I have no right to tell people how to spend their money and
"guilt" fans into buying these comics. The point I was trying to make was that some
of us really do LOVE Gemstone's current format for "Uncle Scrooge" and "Walt
Disney's Comics & Stories" and do not want to see that change. Since I am on a
tight college budget myself, there are many times that I would not mind if the
prices were lowered back to pre-prestige format levels. However, if that
happened, I feel we would lose the page count, the spectacular coloring, excellent
paper quality, and stiff covers that these two titles enjoy. I think either
Gary Leach or John Clark said earlier that this is why Gemstone charges 7 bucks
an issue, not merely to make a profit but also to circulate money back into
expensive production costs. On the other hand, I do see the valid points that
people like Mark and others in the previous posts have made. The problem here
is that I do not think there is a solution that will ever please everyone.
Perhaps, Gemstone needs to publish an even greater variety of comics than they do
now at lower prices. My only request is that Don Rosa stay with the "Uncle
Scrooge"  title at the best production values possible, which is what I believe
his stories deserve. Just look at the magnificent "Uncle Scrooge" 332, and tell
me if you agree or disagree. What's everyone else think on this topic?
Sincerely,
Anthony