DD pre-Barks

Mickey mickey at iol.it
Thu Feb 5 14:26:06 CET 2004

Lars:

>of course, Morty and Ferdie could have met Gyro and Grandma at some earlier
Mouse Family/Duck Family get-together.

I think it's the most probable hypothesis...

>I'm not sure what you mean by "Barksian & Co".

Barks and Rosa, mainly ^_^;; Theorically, Van Horn and other successors of
Barks, too.

>Apart from the above (cut)  I don't recall any Barks-written material using
Mouse characters alongside Duck characters, no.

That's the problem: who considers Barks (and Rosa) as the most reliable
source, can't think that the families of DD and MM live in the same city,
since they're supposed to be friends but they never meet... I don't know if
I'm clear T_T

>But other writers of the time had no problem teaming them up.

Sure, even in Italian stories it's quite normal a meeting; but here
"Topolinia" and "Paperopoli" are two distinct locations.
Instead in American ones I see it's not so.

>And (some of) Barks' successors continue to this day to let these
characters meet each other.

For example?
bye

Mickey