DCML Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 19:28:30 CET 2004

Jonathan Gray wrote:

> While watching the "Yuppy Ducks" episode of Duck Tales today on Toon Disney
> - One of Scrooges's executives mentioned that Scrooge bought one of the
> major baseball teams in thier home state of Calisota. This surprised me as I
> dont think I've heard heard them mention the name of the Duck's state in
> Ducktales before (its been YEARS since I've seen some of these episodes) Out
> of curiosity has something like that been mentioned before in passing?

This was the one and only mention of "Calisota" on DUCKTALES.  It was especially surprising given that it appeared in a second-season episode, and by that time, the "Barks adaptation" aspect of the series was in the process of being phased out ("The Land of Trala La" and "The Unbreakable Bin" were the only two full-fledged Barks adaptations in season two, as I recall).

Chris Barat