DCML Digest Issue 11

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Feb 7 15:23:28 CET 2004

From: Willem Hajenius (willem.hajenius at ping.be)
Subject: 'Easter eggs' in certain stories
Altair 4!
Search for Nebulite in the crystal mountains on Kenodon! You've NEVER seen
anything like that!"
For some reason, 'Kenodon' rings a bell! :-) Does Don Rosa's original
English text
also use that word, or was it changed by the Dutch translator/publisher?

Yes, that's almost exactly what my original script read... I think I wrote
"drill" and "dig" rather than "search" and "search". And I don't know if the
use of the term "kreli-oil" is a change or some spelling for the Dutch
idiom. My original exact English was "Krelian oil". The Krel were the
long-dead former inhabitants of the planet Altair 4 visited by the United
Planets Cruiser C57D in the greatest SF movie of all time. See, you can't
begin to imagine how many "Easter eggs" there are in every corner of my
stories -- there was one lying unsuspected in the half of that sentence you
weren't even referring to. This is how I entertain myself. I'm easily
amused.