Plots

Anders Christian Sivebæk anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Sun Feb 15 13:19:44 CET 2004

Hi all

Me:
>> They are hit by some ray and become so small that they a scared by
>> the spiders in the office. Erm - do somebody recognize a plot here?

Gary
>Yes, from Carl Barks' "Billions in the Hole."
>
>Barks was hardly the only comics creator to run that basic plot idea
>through it's paces. It's one of the hoariest fallback plot cliches
>around - you weren't a proper Silver Age DC character unless you'd been
>shrunk and forced to battle "giant" insects at least once.

Okay, i was too fast there - and I remember the incredible schrinking man
too... -

Anyway, when in the opinion of you people here, is a plot to close to
another.

Take for instance some stories (drawn!) by Vicar - they rephrase
Barks-stories.

Rosa has done a few too - but are they to likely to the Barks-stories
where they have the plot?
Some readers think so. - others like it when Rosa takes up an old thread.

When I first read certain Murry-stories, i thought: what is he trying to
do here - copy Gottfredson?
The case is, he was payed to do so, because the Gottfredson-stories didn't
fit the format. - It was
easier to have them redrawn.

Redrawn stories is an issue too. - It's done for different reasons, but
what do you think of
redrawings by Murry, Jippes and Rosa?

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk