Don + Meeting

Anders Christian Sivebæk anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Sat Jan 3 19:56:32 CET 2004

Hi all
Hope you've all gotten into the new year safe and sound.

>> I hear you have finished your story where the Black Knight turns
>> up again?
>
>Yes -- sent it off just before Xmas.
Good to hear - then we'll only have to wait for one half eternity or so
for it ;-)

>> Then the obvious question is the usual one: what are you working on now?
>
>No story yet.
Okay - do tell it here when you start on anew one, please?

>Just taking a break to get caught up on other business. For
>one thing (I don't guess I've mentioned this), I'm back to creating
>"pin-ups" for every issue of PICSOU.
Sounds good - I hope we have some french friends (not french fries, but
french friends...)
who will make scans for duckhunt - when they start to come out, if they
haven't started already?

>This will also enable Egmont companies
>to have more art to "swipe" in order to make those Don Rosa Calendars.
Sounds even better - but why do they stop at the calendar, why not use
them again,
and make large nice posters - I for one would like such nice posters in my
weekly...

Now for a short report on our meeting in the DDF(R) this christmas - as
some of you will remember that is our danish donaldist society. Some of
you are members and even where at the meeting - to you: Tak for sidst!

I started out early this monday, bought things for the breakfeast tuesday
at the grocery store. - Then I drove to Struer where the railway station
is. I first went to the bank to get some money for Thomas who prints our
fanzine. Issue 3 just came out.
At 11.15 one of our newest members, Laila, (one of the 4 female members of
the 60+ members we have...) arrived - we talked about this and that untill
12.10 when we went out from the little kiosk and met the others right
outside. Of to Nissum it went, with my car and some by bus.
In Nissum we first waited for the last people to come, before we went on a
trip around the campus at the college where I study. We ended the trip at
the store where people bought supplies for the day.
Home at the house where I live, we had rented a floor, and here we
exchnaged and auctioned over duck items - loooked at eachothers things and
talked all the time. At 5 we had Pizza.
Then we went to the basement, where the editing room of the school paper
(of which I'm editor) is situated - we have a blackboard and here we had a
jeopardy-inspired quiz. Niels and his team won - It would embarress the
other team to say with how many points.
After the quiz we had another game with drawing on the blackboard - only
drawings of ducks and other dieny-charecters places and buildings. we had
a lot of fun with this - many good laughs.
We went back to the floor again, and had auction over Sørens old issues.
at 12 we celebrated the 2 years birthday of our society with chocolate
cake (with frosting saying DDF(R) 2 years!) and burbleurp soda.
as time went to 1.30 the most of us went to bed. I must have been tired
since I didn't shopw up before 10 again. - then i went to the store and
bought bread for the breakfeast, where we also had cereals... - Cleaning
up took a bit of time, and already at 12.40 we were ready for leaving.
The local press had already phoned me the day before and made appointment
about photosession at 2 pm in a comicshop in Struer. they just wanted to
confirm that.
In Struer we found many good things - many found issues that closed holes
in the collection - found comics they had never read - so this was good.
The photographer took some photoes, but I haven't seen them yet, as the
version we have of the paper here in town brought the text about our
mneeting, without a picture. at 3.25 I took thge bus back to Nissum and
from there home. - I hope all the others had a nice trip home.
I must say that io can recommend meeting with fellow disney comic fans -
we have an interest in common, and have something to taslk about quite
fast. - we part as friends who could have known eachother for a life - and
we feel that way because we have shared memories about many stories.

Please, if you others come to Denmark, do drop my a mail and drop by!

Best wishes
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist