Disney 'remakes'

Eero-Pekka Halinen e_halinen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:52:19 CET 2004

>From: "Fabio Blanco" <longtom at oeste.com.ar>

> > The interesting thing with coincidences is: Given enough events,
> > coincidences are bound to happen! In fact it is very, very unlikely that
> > two such similar plots should appear independently at just about the
> > same time. So there must be a reason - the obvious one being plagiarism.
> > Or is it not?
>
>You mean The King Lion is not a copy of Kimba? Nor Atlantis a copy of
>Secret
>of Blue Water? oops, maybe I owe Disney an apologie...
>;-)

It certainly seems that Disney gets ideas, and more than just that, from
older non-Disney productions. You'd really think they had enough people
there to figure out their own ones...

Here's a link about the Lion King - Kimba thing (which you've probably seen
already).
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm