Disney Italy & Creators' Rights

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Mon Jan 12 16:17:14 CET 2004

I wrote:
>> BTW: 150 euro/page? It seems a very high price to me. What's that figure?
Is it the amount which an author is paid for his/her work? Or is it the
"market value" of the comics stuff owned by Disney?
> I guess Gianfranco should answer to this question, as I only translated
what he wrote...

Gianfranco answered to me privately (in Italian), here's what he wrote:

<< 150 Euros is the average "market value" of an original page in Italy (of
course, originals by Scarpa, Carpi, Cavazzano, De Vita cost much more than
that).
And, once more, those pages are *not* "owned by Disney". According to the
Italian law, publishers have no ownership of original art, unless explicitly
specified by an "ad hoc" contract - and Disney Italia has never stipulated
any contract of the kind. >>

Ciao,
Armando