Gemstone Editorial Blunder in U$ 325

Sverre Amundsen sverre at pdq.net
Tue Jan 13 06:47:07 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm a fairly new subscriber to the list. I'm a Norwegian living in the US
and a Gemstone subscriber. I just received Uncle $crooge No 325 (January),
and noticed a massive blunder in the editorial on page 1. It's a comment
on the cover for the Don Rosa story that opens the issue... This is what
John Clark writes:

..."I am sorry to say when I chose a cover for this issue, I did not
realize a Norwegian cover by Don Rosa existed for this story.".... "For
now, here is a small reproduction of the cover art as it appeared on
Norway's Donald Duck monthly, Aku Ankka."

Of course, any Norwegian will spot the mistake immedately, and so, I'm
sure, will any Finnish reader. The cover reproduction shown even has a
small URL printed on the side, www.akuankka.fi.

I know it's quite common for Americans to mix up Norway and Sweden, but
this is the first time I have seen Finland and Norway mixed up.

Sverre