DCML Digest, Vol 11, Issue 14/Gemstone Future Comics

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 00:06:04 CET 2004

Mads posted:

Hi

>         Does anybody know if Gemstone plans any new releases for 2004
whether
> they be new series, one-shots, or special collector's books? I hope that
one
> day Gemstone will release a Don Rosa Lof$ book including additional
chapters
> and commentary. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for the "new" long
adventure
> stories in the U.S. including "Crown of the Crusader Kings" and the "Quest
> for Kalevala." Any chance they will appear in "Uncle Scrooge" this year?

I remember that Gary Leach wrote on this list, that they've prepared the
contents for the next half year or so, but that was a couple of months
ago, I think. I've seen the cover for both US 328 (Forget It!) and US
329, and US 329 is not a Rosa cover, so I strongly presume this issue
won't have any long Rosa stories in it, unless they don't know of the
cover for the story! (Crown of the Crusader Kings)
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=62-0911903364-0

Another thing, if I am not mistaking Gary said that they might consider
reprinting the Lo$ (albums), I sure hope they would print them with
extra chapters and the commentaries Don wrote for them. Those comments
always add a little dimension to the story! :-)

Hopefully the previews for the next couple of issues will be availble on
the web!

Btw, Gemstone (Gary), is there any chance you would consider using the
one-parter versions instead of using the three-part versions, when it
comes to Don Rosa's stories ?

 > I'm a fairly new subscriber to the list. I'm a Norwegian living in
the > US and a Gemstone subscriber. I just received Uncle $crooge No 325
 > (January), and noticed a massive blunder in the editorial on page 1.
 > It's a comment on the cover for the Don Rosa story that opens the
 > issue... <cut>

I'm a Dane, and I noticed it too :-) I just had a little laugh about it,
but sure would have to have seen the cover used instead!

Best wishes,
Mads

Also, Gary emailed to me here at the DCML that they were working on a Mickey
Mouse Adventures digest-sized comic along the lines of DDA for the summer. And
if the one shot MMA is successful(buy as many copies as you can people!!! :)
) then it would become a bimonthly series like DDA, alternating months with
DDA(i.e. DDA in July, MMA in August, repeat, etc.)

Derek Smith