Scrooge always obeying the law??

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 19 10:11:28 CET 2004

Marco Barlotti suggested that probably Scrooge did not always acquire
his wealth legally, along with Glomgold and Rockerduck.  Of course we
know the slogan, "he made it square", but I was troubled by Barks'
last story, "Horsing Around with History", drawn by W. VanHorn,
(Gladstone's Uncle Scrooge Adventures 33, July 1995).  In this story,
Scrooge discovers the Trojan Horse, and moves it in complete secrecy
into his money bin, supposedly to foil the Beagle Boys.  But isn't he
also keeping it secret from the authorities of the country where he
found it (Turkey or Greece?)?  Isn't Scrooge in this story engaged in
smuggling?  I don't think this could happen in a Don Rosa story.