Another source for Disney comics in America: Disney Princess magazine

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Wed Jan 21 15:33:10 CET 2004

Shad Z. wrote:
> So I'm looking ath the stories closer, and here are the Story Codes:
>
> PRE11077
> PRE11290
>
> What kind of story codes are those?

"PR" probably mean "Princess".  "E" might be "England" or "Egmont".  The
stories in the Swedish Princess magazine are supposed to be from the
British Princess magazine; however, the only issue of the Swedish
magazine that is currently indexed has quite different codes, c.f.
http://coa.inducks.org/inducks/files/sweden/se-PR.html .

(Ari: Some bug hides the Inducks [code] field at
http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/issue.php/0/se/PR+2001-11 -- please
correct that.)

AFAIK, no issue of the Princess magazine is indexed in any other
country, and the story codes are currently not included in any story
file.  I'm not sure if the coding system has changed or if the Swedish
and American magazine use different codes for the same stories.  No one
really seems to have any information about this magazine.  One
interesting thing in the codes used in Sweden was that every page in
multi-page stories had its own code, and yet another code was given to
the story as whole.

If you plan to index the American issues, I suggest that you just
include a [code:code as printed in the issue] for the stories until we
know more about this.

Stefan