Calidornia Dreaming

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Mon Jan 26 12:54:45 CET 2004

DANIEL

>According to my files, there should be a publication titled
>'Romano Scarpa - Sognando la Calidornia', published in April 2001.

Yes, it's the same book I've promised you scans from, ages ago...
sorry about that...

>It should contain a reproduction of a 1975 letter(?) from Barks to
>Scarpa, which contains a "siren idea" for Scarpa's Brigitta.
>See: http://www.seriesam.com/barks/df_75scarpa.jpg
>According to my files, this material is a reprint of 'I Maestri
>Disney' #14, March 1999.
>
>Is the above information correct?

Yes

>Can you tell me more about 'Sognando la Calidornia'? Is it a
>compilation of comic book stories, a biography, or both?

Richly illustrated critical biography

>What kind of cover does it have?

Nice :-)

>The book is mentioned at
>http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/calidornia/
[...]
>But I can't understand Italian. (The link to an English text doesn't
>work.)

Yes, updating and finishing the transfer of my web sites is
yet another thing I can't seem to find the time for, sorry
about that, too...

>Are Alberto Becattini, Luca Boschi, Leonardo Gori, and Andrea Sani the
>authors of the book?

Yes, they are.

Cheers!

Eta Beta