Gemstone's Coloring

Anthvvuono@aol.com Anthvvuono at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 22:26:06 CET 2004

To all:
        So far, I think Gemstone has done a marvelous job on coloring the
comics artwork and covers. Particularly, the shades and layers of colors in the
new Don Rosa tales just bring his very detailed drawings to life. While it
would be interesting to see them in their original ink versions, I highly prefer
Rosa's art in color form due to Gemstone's excellence in presentation thus far
in my opinion.
       Now, the Barks stories are getting better in terms of coloring. I
really enjoyed seeing "Back to the Klondike" again in "Uncle Scrooge" 325.
However, the story in this reprinting seemed more fresh and real due to modern
technological advances that Gemstone is obviously utilizing well. Likewise, the
William VanHorn pieces have never been better. Now, could things improve? Yes,
production values can always go up (or down) since no art is ever totally
flawless. Nevertheless, I believe Gemstone has reached the pinnacle of achievement.
Certainly, the company is producing the best Duck comics ever in America in
terms of quality and color. Feel free to agree or disagree.
Sincerely,
Anthony