On this and that...

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 02:22:00 CET 2004

It's been nice to read the comments on the "Riverside Rovers" story we
published. We weren't sure what kind of reception it would receive, but
it seems that many readers have had the same reaction we had when we
sat down and read it for the first time. A story about kids playing
soccer (football) didn't sound like much, but this one was a pleasant
surprise.

One particular tricky thing was the game lingo, which none of us
frankly could interpret with much certainty. We decided to leave it
pretty much as we found it, since it seemed to flow well and ring true.

It's also been interesting to read the recent opinions on Gemstone's
color. There will always be room for improvement, no question, but we
feel we're not doing a half-bad job as it is. We hope most readers feel
the same.

Gary