Il Gatto/Another Donald birthday story

Lars Jensen lpj at forfatter.dk
Tue Jul 20 11:42:16 CEST 2004

Armando Botto wrote:

> in 1984 a hardback giant volume was published in Italy, titled
> "Paperino il Grande". It featured a few reprints, and the new story
> "Paperino e il giorno dei giorni" [...]

I don't know the details around this story, but your posting made me do
some snooping-around. Not only did I realize that I had access to the
Danish version of this book -- I also discovered it contained a story
featuring Il Gatto. ("Paolino Paperino inviato speciale".) I've read the
story now, and I still don't understand why the character was mostly
forgotten after 1940. He seems like a standard "journalist with no
morals" to me. Is it just a coincidence that he hasn't been used much
the last many decades? Does anybody out there know? Anybody?

Lars