Gemstone reprints

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 06:12:38 CEST 2004

I don't really mind reprints of stories that haven't been seen
in decades or are otherwise rare.  But I'd much prefer all-new
material--*especially* the Rosa stories that haven't been
published in America yet!!  I guess as long as there's a mix
it's acceptable.  Although it would be a nice idea to have the
reprint in trade paperback size books and more new stuff in the
prestige titles.  *shrug*

On the other hand, I'd like it even more if I could get the
Donald Duck title *without* the comic being 1/3 Mickey Mouse.  I
know there are lots of Mickey fans.  I'm just not one of them.
I'm not going to buy the Mickey Mouse title to get one duck
story, either.  So I miss one duck story every month and get one
mouse story that I don't really care about.  I'll admit I'm so
Disney-comics-starved that I do read the Mickey stories, and
some of them are entertaining, but I'd still rather have ducks.
Maybe it's just me, but it irritates me to buy "Donald Duck" and
find a third of the comic is mice.  (And yes, I know it's
"Donald Duck *and Friends*" but it's still "Donald Duck" as far
as the numbering system and my pocketbook are concerned.)  What
is so wrong about having one of the "non-prestige" titles be all
mice, and one all ducks?  We already get a mix in WDC&S.

Pet peeve of mine.  ;)

My $00.02,

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/