DCML Digest, Vol 17, Issue 30

Todd Klein tklein28 at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 01:14:38 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I haven't had anything to contribute to this list in years, but I do
still receive and usually read at least some of it.

About the Eisner Award, I'm sure many people are tired of me winning,
and I don't blame them! I can't understand why everyone isn't sick of me
yet. I've thought about taking my name out of the running, but somehow
it doesn't seem fair to the companies and other creators I work with,
who like to see their books win in any category, and it's also a good
thing to keep my name in for another reason: freelance letterers are
fast becoming extinct, there are very few left, now that both Marvel and
DC are doing most of their lettering in-house. I'm happy for any way I
can keep lettering a viable category, including being involved in awards.

Todd Klein