Comic Book Prices

Mads Jensen madsj at raptus.dk
Sun Jun 6 17:01:45 CEST 2004

Hi

> Let's face it: the prices of *new* comic books are incredibly expensive,
> at least in America, with skyrocketing prices of $3.00 and beyond. How
> are they out there in Non-America?
>
> I assume the high prices are due to the high quality paper used in
> modern American comics, but I know little about comics' mysterious
> marketing end.

I can only speak for Danish comics, and the prices for our weekly is
also about $3 (not entirely worth it, but that's only my opinion!). For
the Jumbobog (double size of the current Donald Duck Adventures book,
and same sort of stories) costs about $6-$7.

One thing that might also boost up the prices to an extreme level, is
that Americans seem to be so fond of making limited editions, which
naturally make the prices go up, but this is mostly aimed at serious
collectors. At least that's my experience, naming Another Rainbow as an
example.

Best wishes,
Mads
--
Mads Jensen
http://www.ddfr.dk

"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad.
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" - Adolf Hitler
	www.microsucks.com