Gemstone in Publishers Weekly

deanmary deanmary at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 28 19:51:22 CEST 2004

    I recently read the June 21st issue of Publishers Weekly which had
some comic book related articles.  In one of the articles it says that
there will be a "bimonthly release of a new set of Mickey Mouse
graphic novels (from its Gemstone licensee) that will begin in
September 2005".  I was wondering if Gary could clarify that a bit?
If I had to guess I would think it was referring to the Take Along
format Mickey Mouse Adventures.  However isn't that premiering in
September 2004 NOT 2005?  Also, is it set to be a bimonthly?  I
thought Gemstone said that they would see how the first issue sells
and decide from that.

    One other quick thing. Several months ago the "Scoop" site at
Gemstonepub.com mentioned that soon Donald Duck Adventures would be
available at Borders, and Barnes and Noble bookstores.  I have yet to
find any of them at these stores and am wondering if anyone else on
the list has seen a DDA being sold there?

Dean Rekich