Nils Lid Hjort: Who won?

hans kiesl hans.kiesl at sowi.uni-bamberg.de
Tue Mar 16 10:42:28 CET 2004

Nils Lid Hjort:

Leafing through your papers in the December 2003 issue of the Journal of the American Statistical Association, I noticed the following reference:

Hjort, N.L., and Rosa, D. (1999), "Who won?", Speedskating World 4, 15-18.

I guess the article is about the influence of a skater's last track (inner vs. outer track) on the outcome of speedskating competitions; this is of course completely off topic here. What I'd like to know, though, is Mr. "Rosa, D."'s contribution to the paper (and whether it makes this posting on topic).

Regards,

Hans Kiesl