Mickey

Eta Beta psersimmon at eega.net
Sun May 16 16:00:07 CEST 2004

Daniel J. Neyer sez:

>But, there is a middle ground between the McGreal-fantasy stories and the
>Murry-detective stories--namely, the adventure stories of FLOYD
>GOTTFREDSON!

Quite, and, I might add, although for the umpteenth time, the "classic"
Mickey by Romano Scarpa is on the same level as the best Gottfredson,
at least to me, but I think those who had the chance of reading his
"Kali's Nail" in Gladstone edition might agree.

Unfortunately, as Gary made it sadly clear some time ago already, we
cannot expect any Gottfredson because the reprint of syndicated
material would reqire a separate licence which Gemstone are not
planning to obtain in the foreseeable future.

As for "classic" Scarpa, I have a hunch the problem might be that of
stories' lenght and format (mostly 3-tier) as well as that of translations.
It'd take an Italian translator (I'm on the market myself by the way, and
just in case :-) as well as a "native" dialogue revisor, and there might
just not be enough budget for that, perhaps...

Of course, I do hope I'm completely and utterly wrong on both accounts...

Cheers!

Eta Beta