CGC + Mickey Mouse In Color

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Sun May 30 08:53:53 CEST 2004

Hi all!

To Arie Fachrisal: Could you post a link to the article you're talking about?

As for CGC, I don't know much about it and don't really know what to think of
it. I know the CGC judges or whoever, wear gloves so they don't get
fingerprints on the comics they're grading. What I don't get, is sometimes I'll read
Scoop, etc. and they'll say how this very recent (say less than a year old)
comic of a CGC grade 9+ whatever, gets sold for hundreds of dollars. How is that
possible? The comic is in no way a rare item and it would seem that mint issues
wouldn't be hard to come by. Are they worth alot simply because they are
officially graded? If that's the case, I should start a business by buying mint
comic books for list price as they come out, have them graded and watch the
money come rolling in when I sell them. :p

I noticed in Previews that the Mickey Mouse In Color Deluxe Edition,
reprinting various Gottfredson stories, the Carl Barks MM story, etc. is being offered
again in August. Are these new, unsold books? The book was limited to 3,000
copies and was released back in 1988. How in the world could there still be
new, not used copies left? I can't believe the book didn't sell out long ago. I'd
like one myself, if I can ever spare the money. At least I know there are
still books to be had! :)

Derek Smith