AW: CGC + Mickey Mouse In Color

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Mon May 31 10:29:39 CEST 2004

Chris Hilbig wrote:

> I bought a copy of Mickey Mouse in Color about a year ago off of
> Amazon and I still pull it out to read.  (...) I recommend it.

I never understood why this beautiful did not sell out immediately. My
highest recommendation! Anybody who does not yet own a copy: Sell your
family's porcelaine and get this!

> In fact it makes me want to get that
> collected Egmont released of Gottfredson's strips. I believe they
> published his entire run. I'd have to looking it up again to be sure.

I fear the status is this:

- No publisher is interested in reprinting the whole Gottfredson run
because it would be a financial desaster.
- Disney would not allow the reprint because many of these early strips
are not considered politically correct today.

But there has in fact been a complete reprint. You can find the whole,
exciting story about this project here:

http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=fa.nbkhv28.1pju5iq@ifi.uio.no

> I hope they add another story or two or possibly a second book. But
> even if they don't do any of that, it'll still be a great addition to
> any mouse-fan's collection. :)

The soon to be re-released "Mickey Mouse in Color" will definitely be
the same book you own: The original, 1st edition 1988 release, at its
original price (!), signed by Floyd Gottfredson and Carl Barks !!!

There also was a standard edition, which is sold out but can be found in
second-hand bookstores.

You can find some more info here:
http://www.dcml-talk.org/read.php?f=1&i=229&t=229

Cord