Shipraising by ping pon balls - urban legend? no!

acsive@mail.mira.dk acsive at mail.mira.dk
Fri Nov 5 12:12:43 CET 2004

Hi all

Donald Markstein wrote about an interesting tv-programe - thanks for the
interesting description!

> (And by the way, I believe the Urban Legend about someone being denied a
> patent on the basis of this earlier published description is true. About
> 30-35 years ago, when I was working for the New Orleans newspaper, I
> wrote a story about a local diver who CLAIMED, at least, that had
> happened to him. I got the assignment because I was the only one on
> staff who could supply panels from the comic book to illustrate the story.)

It's a fact that the danih inventor Karl Krøyer tried to take a patent on his
little light balls with which he raised a ship in the persian gulf. He
couldn't take the patent because it was already invented by Donald Duck.
I've seen references to this in several dansih articles about Donald Duck.

AC