the Annual Ludwig von Drake Award

Nils Lid Hjort nils at math.uio.no
Fri Nov 12 18:25:23 CET 2004

1.
http://www.donaldisme.dk/ALDA.htm
and the winner is ...

I had no idea! Who are the people involved in this?
The award is surely well deserved and the recepient
is deeply honoured.

Of course I should have forced someone else to
post the above piece of news on the DCML, but
then it would have been too late to inform you
about what I'm using all the ALDA prize money for.
So, welcome to

2.
The Annual 35 Million Euro Professor Nils Lid Hjort Award:
http://members.lycos.nl/wcsc/
The application deadline is tomorrow morning at 10:00 Oslo time.

Taking part is free. Every participant gets 35 million
Euro. This is the seventh time the competition is being
arranged. Last year players from 17 countries (?) took part.

<< ... and, at the end of the season, the person with
the most points gets the professor Nils Lid Hjort award
(as in eternal fame and glory) for being the best coach
of the season 2004/2005. >>

Nils Lid Hjort
2004 ALDA Awardee