DCML Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26 tiff format images + A Gemstone Query

The Fenske's dbfenske at telus.net
Mon Nov 29 17:09:23 CET 2004

Wdposter at aol.com wrote:

>I rarely reply to messages on the list, but Timo, I think you are off base
>here.  Sure  conversations about scanning may be off topic, but helping another
>member by answering a question about scanning comics for the best image is
>not.

I agree.  Off-topic diversions on this list are pretty rare, and not a
problem at all.  I wouldn't worry about such things unless a thread
starts to dominate the mailings in a given day.

> A Tiff file is another image format, like Jpeg or bitmap.  Scanning and
>saving an image in tiff format results in a smaller file size than if you saved it
>as a jpg, adobe pdf or bitmap image.  (bitmap and pdf images are huge in file
>size)

I find the tiff format takes up MB in size rather than jpg which
compacts down to mere KB.  Could scanner software affect this?  I don't
know.

>Any USA members go see Don Rosa at the Columbus comic con this weekend?   I
>had planned to go but didn't make it.  I am glad Mr. Rosa is making appearances
>at US shows and hope he continues.  Martin

Regarding Mr. Rosa, I am very curious as to why Gemstone has been
running so many issues with either NO Rosa or reprints of previously
available English stories.  I thought there was a glut of new
unpublished (in English) stories just waiting for the light of day.

Dave Fenske