Strips in Inducks?

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Thu Oct 7 14:33:41 CEST 2004

timo ronkainen wrote:
> I was checking out Mickey Mouse's daily strips from the start, and
> noticed that continuity strips are indexed as episodes - YM000 to YM139
> (li'l Davy episode, which is the last continuity afaik).

As far as I know, there were also some continuities in the 1980s and/or
1990s by Floyd Norman, but exact dates for those are unknown in Inducks.

> After that
> index listing goes on, but instead of continuing from that point (June
> 1955) it starts over from 1930. And now it goes strip by strip. From YM
> 30-12-27 (December 27 1930) onwards. I found it confusing, since this
> way indexing gets same strips twice. (although it is quite handy to have
> them in that episode format also)

Inducks contains a field called "superref" (see
http://bolderbast.inducks.org/xesuperref.html) that is used for linking
the continuities with the single strips.  A "superrefd" field (see
http://bolderbast.inducks.org/xesuperrefd.html) is automatically added
in the other end so that the linking works in both directions.
Unfortunately, COA doesn't display the superref and superrefd fields.
I'd call this a COA bug.

Stefan