Belgian Disney comics

Roy rko at inducks.org
Thu Sep 16 19:14:33 CEST 2004

H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl wrote:

>Richard [mailto:lerichard at free.fr] wrote:
>

>>(http://dd50.inducks.org/xenga.html)
>><<
>>In 1951 Belgium started with "Mickey Magazine", the Dutch translation
>>

>of the
>

>>French-language magazine with the same name.
>>

>>Belgian Mickey Magazine started in 1950, October, 14.
>>

>Maybe that's the French-language version, while the Dutch-language
>version started a few months later?
>
>--Harry.

Hi Harry & Richard,

14 oktober 1950 is the date the Belgian Dutch-language version started.
I got this info from a person named Ivan who lives in Belgium and who
scanned the covers for my coversite:
http://be.outducks.org/serie/mmn001-052.php
He explained it pretty thorough to me. The scans are small but october
is decipherable ;-)
The series ran untill issue 468 and in that issue the French and the
Dutch versions explain that the series will change name and that the
characters will have other names.

-- Roy